• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Unfortunately, the process xxx has stopped.

daviddjh

Lurker
Jan 13, 2015
I was having some trouble with my rooted Samsung GS3, so I "tried" to perform a reset by flashing a stock ROM in ODIN. Once I booted it back up, the first thing I saw was "Unfortunantly, the process android.process.media has stopped." I thought that was weird but continued with the setup process, but it kept happening frequently. Media, gapps, Play Store, gallery, contacts and others were "unfortunately stopping". I can't open the play store, camera, phone app, contacts and some others. Now, I use only the messaging, Internet, and Youtube apps. I can't download any apps, or anything really. I've tried to reflash the ROM with ODIN, but that does nothing. I've flashed CWM to it but that doesn't even working properly. I tried to restore a backup I have on my External SD but when I hit restore in CWM it just says "Couldn't open directory. No files found." Device is SGH-I747. I'm going insane with this. Please help, any response is appreciated. :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones