• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Uninstalled Apps Take Up Memory?

mamiamjo

Oct 4, 2009
I've down loaded quite a few apps that I have since uninstalled. I noticed that they are still listed on the My Downloads list with an option to reinstall.
My question is, are these apps gone or are they still taking up some of the precious memory? If they are, is there a way to free upmore space by completely removing them?

I've down loaded quite a few apps that I have since uninstalled. I noticed that they are still listed on the My Downloads list with an option to reinstall.
My question is, are these apps gone or are they still taking up some of the precious memory? If they are, is there a way to free upmore space by completely removing them?

If you deleted, or unistalled them, they should be gone. You will still see them in your downloads because you did download them, but thats more or less a list that Market keeps, which is why you are seeing that.

Just think of it as a record of your transactions. Which is helpful when you have actually paid for the app, as you wont have to do so again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones