• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Uninstaller: 5/5 Great App, and a must have!

Myst3ry

May 23, 2010
Now, when i found out how tedious it can be to uninstall an app using Android alone, i was annoyed a little, so i thought,"i wonder if theres an easier way to do this" and low and behold, Uninstaller! (who would have thunk it?)

Pros:
- a quick simple light app that displays a list of all the apps that you have installled
- allows for a taskbar icon so that you can quickly switch to any time you want (i turn it on when i am making reviews for these apps, so i can quickly uninstall the bad ones ;))
- there is a search bar on top that lets you go to a specific app you want.
- it displays the apps version number, date installed and disk space size
- a numerous amount of ways to sort through your apps.
- Only shows you apps that the user has installed themselves, so there is no potential of getting rid of your pre-installed applications, or any other essential apps (phone, messaging, etc.).

Cons:
- a banner ad at the bottom of the app is always present, but when your in that app and know exactly what you want, you'll forget it's there.
- the Taskbar icon is only a "notification" icon, rather than an "ongoing" application (so it is only there while the app is up, and there is a chance you might accidentally close it out)

Final Thoughts...
I really enjoy this app and think it should come pre-installed, especially since it takes up hardly any disk space, yet it's one of my most used apps. It does exactly what it says it will, and nothing less. So if you're the type who loves to try out new apps and "tinker" with them to see if you like em (and who doesn't like doing that!) then this is perfect app for you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones