• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unknown Icon android 8.01

bds51

Lurker
Dec 24, 2022
I have an android 8.01 von bq (now bankrupt) and suddenly all the colors turned to black and grey. the colors are now back, but all messed up and pictures on faces are almost unrecognizable. A new app appeared on home screen; 2 circles with a + in the middle and looks like 2 hands + 2 feet outside the circle and 2 eyes on the top outside the circle. If I touch the circle it disappears and then a grey horizontal line descends from the top of the screen to the bottom and then it goes up and continues.
upload_2022-12-24_23-37-44.png

von bq? i can't even find this device on the web. you said all of a sudden? was this after an update? how old is the device? how long have you had it for? if things are messed up, have you tried just re-booting the device? and last resort you can try a factory reset. and the very last resort i would look to get a new device and preferably a device that is not off-brand.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
von bq? i can't even find this device on the web. you said all of a sudden? was this after an update? how old is the device? how long have you had it for? if things are messed up, have you tried just re-booting the device? and last resort you can try a factory reset. and the very last resort i would look to get a new device and preferably a device that is not off-brand.
bq was well-known in Europe, but there are no major updates anymore for android 8.01 at least not from bq. It's 5 yrs old and it's my wife's who has no idea what happened. It has Everything on it b/c she uses it more than her laptop and I doubt that she's backed up anything. What interests me is the app, which I can't find anywhere and it doesn't give any info. I can move all over the screen, but as soon as I press it, it disappears and a grey horizontal bar scans up and down the screen. I'm going to try to transfer what's on her phone to an *empty' sony xperia XA2 and hope the transfer, if it works, doesn't export the distortions into the the Xperia. Can't chuck this thing until I can recover its info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones