• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unknown icons appearing on Home Screen

Today 4 icon "apps" appeared on my home screen - "Singles", "Free Deal", "PLAY NOW!" & Messages". I haven't opened any of these as I have assumed they are malware or something as I never knowingly installed any of them. Please note that the "Messages" app icon is not the usual icon.

Has anyone come across this type of problem or has someone got a suggestion or fix for this? Many thanks in advance.

Welcome to Android Forums, FoyleFlyer!:)

There is an app in the Google playstore called Airpush Detector that will detect any apps that are installed on your phone that push out those unwanted add ons.
If you download/install the Airpush Detector and run it, it will identify any apps that are causing those problems, and give you the option to uninstall.

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones