• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"unlimited bandwidth" is really limited

Wow .. just re-checked my account.

My Usage: 9,608.83 KB

This is as of 7:30am PST this morning .... Google Listen reallllllllly downloaded a lot.

Gonna call VZW this afternoon to make sure we are cool and note on my account the crazy bandwidth was a mistake so it may be noted.

Switched to only download automatically on wifi.

That's still only ~9MB, You're not anywhere near the 5 GB limit.

Upvote 0
Just as an FYI. All carriers, including your home broadband, subscribe to what they call "Fair Use." If you read the fine print of any of those contracts, you'll see something referencing it. In layman's terms, if the carrier feels you've exceeded a certain quota of bandwidth, whether it be by the month or by the day, they will begin to throttle back the available bandwidth to you, i.e., you'll slow down to less than dial-up speed (56k) making just surfing the net unbearable.

Upvote 0
From VZW

Data Plans and Features: Prohibited Uses. You may not use our Data Plans and Features for illegal purposes or purposes that infringe upon others’ intellectual property rights, or in a manner that interferes with other users’ service, interferes with the network’s ability to fairly allocate capacity among users, or that otherwise degrades service quality for other users.

Take that in any way you may, but just know that if you are bogging down the network with extreme amounts of data usage you will have some trouble.

Upvote 0
OK... so i decided to check my usage and i already used up 2G...after freaking out (I have been streaming music via PANDORA) I called and spoke to csr by the name (omar) today at 11/9 9:30pm EST... i have unlimited web, email, $29.99 plan .... I can stream music, video, and anything i want UNLIMITED ....NO CAP

Data- air cards and tethering is the 5 GB max ... which per VZW droid cant tether ?!?!

Upvote 0
OK... so i decided to check my usage and i already used up 2G...after freaking out (I have been streaming music via PANDORA) I called and spoke to csr by the name (omar) today at 11/9 9:30pm EST... i have unlimited web, email, $29.99 plan .... I can stream music, video, and anything i want UNLIMITED ....NO CAP

Data- air cards and tethering is the 5 GB max ... which per VZW droid cant tether ?!?!
Not officially and not yet. Unofficially you can already "enable" it. (Officially it's going to reportedly cost an additional $15/month)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones