• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlock a Verizon Note 4 bootloader?

AZgl1500

Extreme Android User
Feb 3, 2011
Oklahoma grasslands
I just happened to catch this blurb about being able to unlock a Note 4.

Has anyone done this?

I would be interested simply because it would allow me to put 4.4.4 back on my Verizon Note 4 and turn off the Upgrade modules.

4.4.4 is perfect for all of my needs, it is faster, and more efficient on battery use.
and, my pastel blind eyes can see the screens so much better.

http://www.autoomobile.com/news/samsung-galaxy-note-4-unlock-surprises-owners/40030682/

Upvote 0
thank you, just think I might do just that, that is, after I find another working Note 4.....

Dumb Klutz here killed it..... using it to navigate in a friends truck w/o a GPS.
battery was low, so plugged up the Anker 26800 to recharge it.....
then, Dumb Klutz laid it on top of the pickup's dashboard in full sun.....

Hey, I have only worked with electronics crap since 1958, you would think that maybe, one day I would know that you can't overheat this stuff and expect it to live.....

In my Defense...... it has been raining and was cloudy all day, and no problems......
then the rain stopped and 15 minutes later the phone stopped. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones