• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlock screen issues after restart

i5sec0ndz

Lurker
Aug 28, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), with latest update 4.4.2 KitKat.
After i am restarting my phone, the unlock buttons on screen are changing position.
If i am tapping my Sim PIN according to the position of buttons, it says wrong PIN. After 3 fails i have to enter the PUK code (which is normal) ..
However, if i am tapping the PIN where the buttons should be, works like a charm. I have to mention that i have no problems with keyboard in sending messages, writing emails, landscape or portrait orientation, no problems with the digitizer, no problem at all. Only on the unlock screen.
Second issue is with Viber, an issue that me and many people i know encounter. When you want to end the Viber call, and the screen is locked, you can't. The screen is black and not responding to the home button press or lock/unlock button. The soft keys are lit but nothing happens.

Any ideeas for those issues? Thank you!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 89

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones