• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlocked a t-mobile to use with att sim - but no 4g, slow phone :(

ceez97

Lurker
Sep 12, 2012
Hello all, I unlocked my girlfriends galaxy s from tmobile so i could use it with my att sim and I unlocked my att galaxy s2 so she could user her tmobile sim on my phone. Her phone was acting up and couldnt dial out and she cant be without a phone or any way of calling anyone.

So the phones work fine when it comes to making and receiving calls, but we both have E service which I believe is good ol' EDGE service. Sometimes it will change to 3G but even then is unbearable.

The phones are not rooted and I would probably like to keep them unrooted, but if the only way to get them back to 4g is to root them then....rooting it will have to be.

I have searched in the past and it led me to checking the APN settings - the tmobile galaxy S automatically shows ATT&T 310 410 wap.cingular as the only one listed and selected with the green button lit up.

Is there anything else I am missing to get these two phones back to speed?

Thanks!

ceez

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones