• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocked tmobile phone on Verizon?

G

godlovingman

I hope I'm posting in the right place but will an unlocked tmobile phone work with Verizon? I found the phone I'm thinking about getting for a good deal but it was a tmobile phone seller said it's unlocked. But looking online doesn't look like a unlocked tmobile phone will work with Verizon I want to make sure.

If it's a T-Mobile branded phone it won't work on Verizon. They use different radios/bands and unless the phone has them all you'll be out of luck.
What phone is it exactly?
I'm thinking about getting an a53 Found one for selling on marketplace
If it's a T-Mobile branded phone it won't work on Verizon. They use different radios/bands and unless the phone has them all you'll be out of luck.
What phone is it exactly?
Nevermind found out they already sold it but I'm thinking about getting an a53.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Just make sure it's factory unlocked and the US variant. Carrier unlocked (could) just mean it's no longer tied to T-Mobile under contract. People use 'unlocked' for different things, buying used can be shady depending where you go - be careful out there!
I will people are CRAZY with prices nowadays a lot of times they want more than what you can buy brand new for.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
There's two variants of 'Unlocked'. One is 'GSM Unlocked' (works only on T-Mobile, AT&T ) and one of 'fully unlocked' (works on all carriers)

The box sometimes tells you. On the back some letters should be visible saying 'LTE-G' for GSM and 'LTE-V' for Verizon only, or 'LTE' for all.

Otherwise the box art on front will have a map. If it's blue it's fully unlocked, pink is T-Mobile only, and red is 'Verizon' and is often placed next to their motto 'Using America's most reliable network'

Upvote 0
If you can, get the IMEI number before buying the phone and go to the Verzion BYOD page to see if they say it will work:

https://www.verizon.com/bring-your-own-device/

Without verifying from the carrier it's difficult to know for sure, especially since VoLTE is now required on all networks. Phones from a different carrier need to be unlocked first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones