• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UNOFFICIAL][d320n ms323][5.0.2] Candy5

M

Member1771050

be9f9a3ce13148bb361a064d6bd05e22.jpg

This is Candy5. Built straight from CyanogenMod source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

2e8esupa.jpg

@matthew0776 @mar5hal @gimmeitorilltell @BMP7777 @CyberScopes @Cuzz1369 @rc420head @Flashalot @tr1gg3r84@Venomtester @Darknites @Rapier @NexusPenguin @Alx31TLse @timmytim @Bx16

qy9e6u4u.jpg

Source on Github

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

Steps:

Download Candy5.zip
Download 5.0.+ Gapps (optional)
Place Candy5.zip on phones memory or SD card
Boot into recovery (either twrp or cwm)
Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
Flash Candy5.zip
Flash Gapps
Flash SuperSu zip (optional)
Reboot and Enjoi

be9apenu.jpg

*Candy5

* Gapps
Or use Gapps of choice

* SuperSU

Please give first boot a good few minutes.

XWkqU3e.png

Download

Candy5 is in early stages and will inherit CyanogenMod bugs and issues. But some we have resolved ourselves.
The base has been tested and passed most users needs for a Daily Driver.​

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms,for making their source open.
Sources:
CyanogenMod
SlimRoms
LiquidSmooth
@vm03

Last edited by a moderator:
This ROM was built by the request of @LitrosNub. It will be the ONLY release as I have no time nor interest to maintain it, plus developers are very slow in moving to 5.1, there is no 5.1 source on their Github (yet). Sorry Litros, I hope this one release counts as something.
I suggest others to try this ROM for themselves, it's not bad and has a nice set of features :)

Lastly, LiveDisplay and battery saver both work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Pa gapps worked just fine for me. Try to flash rom, boot, then flash gapps. About systemui fc on ms323, I can't do nothing about it, sorry.
I know. Just that I can't access Security to stop it from locking and set it to none so it'll never happen. Also the final GAPPS didn't work. Guess that's a grave in the coffin until VM03 gets a ms323.

Upvote 0
If you have time can u do the lil update ? :)

@zlaja84 Candy5 is updated to 5.1.1 by the way, also since everything is fixed. Mine updating this amazing ROM?
To assure the quality of my roms, I'm gonna maintain exclusively Slim, Paranoid, and Nameless. I transfered RessurectionRemix to xfusion, and I'll transfer PAC to @crutchcorn as soon as I can. Privately, I'm quite busy lately, so transfer will be a little late (I haven't forgotten, crutch :)). If crutch wishes, after PAC transfer, I can guide him through candy5 building :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones