Just unrevoked my two incredibles using the beta version worked flawlessly

These guys seem to be on the right track

Both rooted in less than 10mins.

then used titanium to get rid of bloat

Good work

Advertisement
  2. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

unrevoked is the best. I would have gone back to my Eris if it weren't for these dudes. no joke there either,

3. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

agreed, i rooted my Inc with the work these guys put out, and it was easy peasy.

4. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

I still don't really see what the big deal about root is. All the features/extras people talk about when rooted are NOT that big at all.....at least for the Dinc. I just feel like nothing is really that cool and exclusive about it. Any added ability that root gives to the phone is not too special. Make/Discover some phenomenal new feature for root-only users and I'll go ahead and root.

5. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

it's cool, you don't have to root. we're not rooting for you to be rooted. this particular thread is just saying that this method is the best way to do so.....for those who want it.

6. Kori_Tamashii

Kori_Tamashii Well-Known Member

I have a feeling this will still get moved to Root subforum... but, if I decide to root, I'll check these guys out. :D

7. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

I've been going back and fourth with the whole root/don't root thing.....if I decide to go the unrevoked route, where would I start?

8. tbeas

tbeas Well-Known Member

I rooted using the beta 3.21 yesterday and it was super smooth, no problems.

9. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

I dont understand the advantage to root?

what does it allow?

10. breznou

breznou Well-Known Member

is it possible to use this program to root if you already have the official ota?

11. Autonomy

Autonomy Well-Known Member

I have the official 2.2 OTA and I used the unrevoked 3.21 beta to root my incredible no problem just followed the guides on here

Big thing to remember is uninstall HTC sync before you try it, they don't play well together

12. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

I finally broke down and did it because I was pissed at all the crap Verizon put into 2.2. It was bad enough in 2.1 with Peep and CityID and whatnot, but then VZ Nav?!?!?! WTF do we need that for?!?!? :mad:

So I rooted and removed ALL of the crapware that they put on my phone. And there is a noticeable difference in both performance and battery life since I got that crap off of my phone.

I also was able to go back to my old custom boot animation (which I adore and love to show off to people) and went ahead and added a custom splash screen. No more white HTC logo screen for me!

Being able to do a full backup of the phone is very nice. If I ever need to factory reset my phone I will save hours by having those backups.

I also got SetCPU which allows me to have a custom profile that lowers my CPU settings while the phone is in idle which saves battery life.

For more advanced uses, being rooted allows you to put on custom roms, kernels and flash new radio's. These are things I don't really plan to do for now, but if Verizon decides not to release anymore updates to us (aka - gingerbread) I may flash a custom rom for it instead.

13. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

to put simply, complete control of your phone.