Unrevoked S-ON tool about to be released

Last Updated:

1. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

Looks like Unrevoked is at it again, this time with a new S-On tool. It will probably be released within 24 hours, they are updating the website right now public:forever [RootWiki]

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Cool. Nothing but love for Unrevoked. That'll bring a few more holdouts into the mix too.
  3. TheWhiteBandito

One of those holdouts being me! Unrevoked really is a great team of devs.
  4. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

True story man, these guys are nothing but saints I tell you!, saints!

no but seriously, they do the Inc. community well. Amen, to unrevoked!
  5. sd2420

sd2420 New Member

6. TheWhiteBandito

7. sd2420

sd2420 New Member

Even nicer
  8. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

So from what I've just read it allows you to turn S back on if you want to?
  9. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth Well-Known Member

They have nothing but respect from me for doing it, but I will completely pass on the option.
  10. Homan13PSU

Homan13PSU Well-Known Member

Any chance this purposefully coincided with the latest HTC image that released on XDA last night?
  11. gs13

gs13 Well-Known Member

UnrEVOked team rocks. I'm glad I went ahead and did S-Off. I was a little nervous about the permanence of it all, but now that there's an S-On tool, there's no reason not to do Unrevoked forever.
    jamor likes this.
  12. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

now no one can be scared to do it... and they can do things much easier with their phone
    jamor likes this.
  13. TheWhiteBandito

Yes. It's still the same Unrevoked Forever as before, but now it's reversible.

Probably not, people have been holding out to get S-On, just in case.

Can I ask why? I'm just curious

Yeah, I waited it out, but as soon as I heard about this, I went and installed Forever.
    jamor likes this.
  14. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Has anyone looked into how it works? Does it just s-off if you are s-on, and s-on if you are s-off? Or does it have a separate file to flash? Or maybe a menu option?
  15. TheWhiteBandito

Two separate files to flash.
  16. johnbrain

johnbrain Well-Known Member

Under what circumstances would somebody want to use this? Just to revert phone back to stock and return for warranty or to flash anyy OTA if they really wanted?
  17. TheWhiteBandito

To use S-On? Return for warranty, and if they want to lose root when updating to an official OTA I guess :D
    jamor likes this.
  18. ok...wanting to go back to S-ON after the 2.2 update. Went to recovery and tried to install the update.zip and it gave me the E: message....and it says on the Wiki page to stop if you see it.

where do I go from here>?
  19. windycity

windycity Well-Known Member

I think the S-ON tool was only purported to work with 2.1. Unrevoked hasn't released anything for stock froyo yet. If you had UnrF in 2.1 you keep it obviously but I haven't read about anyone being able to do what you're talking about.
  20. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

downgrade to 2.1, put clockwork on through PB31IMg. do s-on, then ruu to 2.1 or 2.2 then send back phone. booyah.
  21. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

So if this is true it means our warranties aren't voided anymore if the proper steps are takin?

Edit
    Never mind I see someone answered yes. Got lazy with reading
  22. total dumbass here....little help with this? I have no idea how to downgrade.
  23. turbozombie

turbozombie Well-Known Member

24. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

Correct. Per their Twitter feed...
  25. dneiding

dneiding Member

Just did it and it worked perfect on a unrooted s-on 2.2 device.