Unrooted but unable to remove superuser.apk

Last Updated:

1. fstathes

fstathes New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I've successfully unrooted in order to return the phone for a replacement but I'm still seeing the superuser permissions app.

My method for unrooting was opening up terminal on my phone and using this code:

Code (Text):
    2. su
    3. rm -r /system/app/Superuser.apk
    4. rm -r /system/xbin/busybox
    5. rm -r /system/bin/su
    Now it all worked fine and dandy except it was unable to find Superuser.apk

Advertisement
  2. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

If you're just going to the store to exchange, don't even worry about it. The reps don't know to look that deep into the phone. The only time you have to do this is with the warranty replacement, because they do a brief check to make sure the phone wasn't tampered with.

I exchanged one of mine for faulty hardware and they didn't even turn it on. They just exchanged it, no questions asked.

3. debdado

debdado New Member

I am not returning. I updated from rooted 2.1 to OTA 2.2. This unrooted my phone but left the SU apk. I want to have a rooted 2.2. How to I get there? I can't remove the SU. Any and all help would be appreciated. I've read a bit about RDSlite, but I have a mac computer. Thanks.:confused:

4. djquick

djquick Well-Known Member

What kind of phone is it because I know it's not the Vibrant; they haven't released the 2.2 update yet, at least not in the U.S.

5. debdado

debdado New Member

I have the droidx. Thanks.