• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unwanted video on startup

PKBrown

Lurker
Jan 9, 2016
My new Galaxy Note 8.0 has started waking itself up and running video of Limitless Possibilities On the Go (basically an introduction/advertising about pen features). I have powered down, no change. I can't find anything in the settings that would turn this off.

It will not stay powered off. As soon as I put it to sleep, it immediately wakes itself back up and continuously runs this video.

Any ideas?

Sounds like demo mode is on to me. When this is on, you can interact with the device normally until it goes to sleep and then launches the demo.

Unfortunately, I don't have very much experience with demo mode. I would recommend contacting your place of purchase so that this feature can be removed as there is most likely a password or PIN that is needed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones