Upadate Automatically Checkbox and Update All box in MarketSupport

Last Updated:

1. Terry S

Terry S Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay so we have 4 Captivates in our house. 3 of the 4 have received the update notification and have been updated. (Mine has not). None of these phones are rooted. My son noticed this morning when he goes into the market on his phone and goes to downloads. There are 3 things that are different. First off there is a button that says "Update All", he can click on this to update all of the apps that need to be updated. Second, when he goes into an individual download there are now 2 buttons at the top one says "Comments" the other says "About". The Third change is that under those 2 buttons there is now a check box that can be checked that says "Update Automatically". Anyone know why he has these 3 new options and no one else does?

Advertisement
  2. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

It sounds like he has the updated market that comes with froyo. That's really odd that he would have it unless he installed the froyo or the froyo cognition rom.

3. Terry S

That was my confusion as well. I know he does not have froyo for 2 reasons, 1) he is not rooted so he could not have it and 2) I checked under settings and the firmware version says the same thing as mine 2.1-update1

4. lotreaglesfan

lotreaglesfan Well-Known Member

and BOOM... I have the "froyo" market as well...

I updated my phone and I noticed my market was a completely different setup on my phone :)

mine now looks like this.... (just in english haha)
    [​IMG]

5. lotreaglesfan

oh... and i'm not rooted

and when i go to the downloads section, there is a button that says "Update all" at the bottom of the screen :)

6. Terry S

Yes that is what his looks like after the update.. (without the launcher Pro stuff and in english) But the other 2 in the house that have been updated don't look like that. And his was the first of the 3 that were updated. Very strange.

7. lotreaglesfan

slightly wondering why the topic was moved? it's not that we were having problems with the marketplace and needed "support". It was more that for some reason in our version of the update Samsung sent out we got the Froyo version of the Market?!?

I have no clue haha

8. La Luna

La Luna Well-Known Member

I just noticed these changes on my Captivate also when going to the Market. It wasn't like this yesterday. I've had JH7 for 4 or 5 days now. Interestiing, I wonder when/how it changed?

9. lotreaglesfan

submitted this to engadget... maybe they'll share it with the world lol ;)

10. Terry S

Maybe it wasn't the udpate than that changed it. So if anyone knows what did, maybe the rest of us can duplicate it?

11. lotreaglesfan

i don't think i did anything in particular... i just noticed a couple days ago that it was suddenly different :confused:

12. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member