• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upcoming tablets

I have been looking recently into the Archos G9 tablets, touting the new faster-than-tegra-2 dual core processors lately, but I am really not sure I want to buy from a small company, and I know larger companies will have a more solid product.

So what upcoming tablets are you guys looking forward to? I am looking at getting a new one around December. Obviously, let's stick to ANDROID tablets as this is the Android forums.

I heard mention of Nvidia releasing quad core processors for tablets?

I don't know. The galaxy tab line has been looking nice, if a bit pricey. It also only has a 1.0ghz dual core...TEGRA processor... A tegra i could handle, but a 1.0 is a deal breaker for me. Even ARCHOS is coming out with a 1.5ghz OMAP processor (faster than tegra 2). But Archos has a bit of flimsy design, I would prefer to get a better tablet if I am going to spend the money.

People are saying good things about the HP tablet, but I have long ago sworn off of anything with an HP logo branded anywhere.

Anyone else have a particular tablet you have your eye on?

Upvote 0
Archos G9 tablets starts be available online from Sept. 20. Looks like an awesome device, Android Honeycomb 3.2, 1.5 GHz dual-core CORTEX A9 OMAP processor... But I'm a little confused, according to Archos, there would be 250GB HDD and 8 or 16GB Flash Memory. What's exactly this mean? Cant' find any info. about RAM?
Plz. help confirm this. Thnx.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones