Update 2.1 -> 2.2 on Nexus One failed

Last Updated:

1. Ninjabiff

Ninjabiff Member This Topic's Starter

Hi.

I did everything as told in this guide, and I got all the same screens as decribed, the android guy outside the box and everything.

Still, after the installation is complete, I still got version 2.1-update1.

Can anyone help me?

Advertisement
  2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Rather than saying you're on 2.1-update1, can you get the actual build number?

Will be something like ERE27, ERE36B etc

3. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Sorry but I wouldn't even attempt to do this unless you have rooted - if anything goes wrong, you are at a disadvantage to fix it or to roll backwards to the previous setup (i.e. NanDroid backup or flash another ROM).

4. Ninjabiff

Its ERE27. What does that mean?

5. Ninjabiff

Ok, but what is "rooting", and how to do this?

6. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

How To: Root the Nexus One (Updated 01.11.10) | The Unlockr

This guide is the easiest to follow - search the forum or google for rooting.....

It essentially gives you full access to the phone hardware so you can put different roms on the phone, radios (careful with these), rooted apps only, etc.

Voids your warranty and has to be done carefully......I rooted mine 4 months back & never looked back.

If you root, you can get a copy of the froyo rom from here (stock or custom - I am using stock) and if it doesnt work, go back to a copy of the phone (referred to as Nandroid) and your backed up apps from Titanium Backup.
    http://android.modaco.com/content/google-nexus-one-nexusone-modaco-com/309286/24-may-frf50-froyo-pre-rooted-update-zip-no-radio-option-online-kitchen/

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-nexus-one-nexusone-modaco-com/309718/27-may-r16-wip-pre-release-modaco-custom-rom-for-nexus-one-with-online-kitchen-frf50-froyo/

It is a complicated subject if you are new to it - afterwards, it becomes easy :cool:

7. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Looking at XDA Dev's, it seems you can flash back to 2.1 with a stock bootloader. Google must have provisioned for it due to 2.2 being pre-release.