• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update away! Not yet, but on a fresh Galaxy 11 later

I am the owner of a Samsung Galaxy 11 currently running on Android 11. It used to run on Android 10 and I updated it because I was hoping it would be a minor bug fix and make the notification go away. Now it just kinda sucks. I plan on later getting a new Galaxy 11 running A10 out-of-the-box style, and have a plan to prevent myself from making this mistake again.

What I need is uninstallation of the System Update app, or apps, since my current Galaxy 11 has 3 for some reason. I know this requires ADB, but I don't know the package names and I'm scared of doing anything fancy without step-by-step instructions. Smart Switch can take care of data transfer I think.

If anyone could tell me how to remove Android 10's facilities for system updates using ADB, it would be much appreciated.
If a secure download of ADB could also be found, please provide it. I know how to get the dev settings and USB debugging, though.

Best regards, Alex.

there is no galaxy 11. samsung went from the s10 to the s20. they never made a s11 phone. so first off we need to know what phone you have and your exact model. and if you have a s20, you maybe out of luck. some of the older samsung devices you can just flash an older firmware, but from what i have seen with the s20 this is no longer possible. but if you give us what model you have we can confirm this.

Upvote 0
Here's a good tutorial on setting up ADB. As you can see there are variations on installing it depending on which type of computer you're using.

Just offhand I'd suggest you leave those updates as is. You may not care but they're there for an intended purpose. But it is your phone and that's not any of my business so do you feel is appropriate.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones