• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update: Freshman college experience with Ting Mobile :)

My experience thus far with Ting: I recently bought a used Sprint Samsung Epic 4G clean ESN from eBay for ~$80 and did the BYOD over to Ting. First, before buying committing to buy, I asked the seller if it's a clean ESN and not on any contract. After receiving the phone, the porting process took about half a day and my existing number was ported without any issues. Since, Ting is good for users who are not excessive data users, I then turned OFF the sync background data on my phone to limit useless sync and mostly only use it to check email a few times a day and over free wi-fi. I'm a part-time college student so there are many free wifi places at the library, near campus buildings and at Starbucks.

My bill from Sprint use to be well over $100 monthly after taxes and now on Ting with 500min/1000text/500mb data is only $33 a month + taxes! I gotta say, this savings really helps me a long way. Only downside is that Ting does not currently support LTE technology but I can live with that since I'm only Facebooking or texting.

I gotta say, if you don't mind having the a new phone every 2 years and just buy a used phone on eBay, the saving are great.

New Accounts sign-up for twenty five ($25) large bones $ credit for 1st time accounts : https://zj11mt27q1.ting.com/

:):p

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones