• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Updated some apps now battery dies super fast

jgorm

Sep 23, 2008
Even if i turn off the gps, wifi, and mobile data, my phone will still get super hot and kill the battery in a half a day. I forget exactly what I updated, but I think it was google maps, ebay, and a couple other ones. I can't seem to figure out what program is bugging out and stuck in some weird loop sucking all my battery and making my phone very warm to the touch. A week ago I would have 75% battery at 10pm, now its dead by 2pm.

yeah, I've been watching that. Email is 33% and display is 19%. My email or phone use has not changed. When the phone is plugged in, it will cool down to room temp, but after I take it off the charger it starts to heat up. The screen and keyboard are about 105-107F, and the battery is 95F. This is without doing anything on the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones