Updated status icons for my rom

Last Updated:

1. GrdLock

GrdLock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If you're running my rom and would like to add some different statusbar icons to your screen, I threw together an update for you.

I made these icons for me, so you may or may not like them. GPS, signal strength, 3g, battery, and a few other icons were changed.

There's no update to remove the icons, so do a nandroid backup before you install them incase you don't like them, then you can easily restore your default icons if you don't like the update.

Here's a screenshot.

[​IMG]

Installation: Copy icons-update.zip to your sdcard. Reboot your phone into recovery mode. Select Flash Zip from Sdcard. Choose icons-update.zip.

Remember, do a nand backup first!!! I warned you. :)

Download: icons-update.zip

NOTE: I wouldn't recommend applying this update to any ROM other than mine, as other ROM's might have modified framework files themselves, and this would overwrite their stuff.

Advertisement
    hattrick and droidkevlar like this.
  2. Ruh17

Ruh17 Well-Known Member

Awesome work as usual Grdlock. Any chance for a quick write up on how one could go about making changes like this ourself? Or is this something that should be left to the professionals?

3. GrdLock

GrdLock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, it involves modifying system framework files, so I wouldn't really recommend it unless you know what you're doing. All these icons are in /system/framework/com.htc.resources.apk and framework-res.apk. You can open those files, modify the icons, then replace them on the phone.

4. Ruh17

Ruh17 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. We all gotta start somewhere right? Keep up the good work.

5. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

How did I miss this post!!!!??? Applying this to your ROM. Thanks again.