updating software after unlocking for xperiaSupport

Last Updated:

1. chaitanya61

chaitanya61 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi iam chaitanya,i had bought my xperia x10 4 months back and i had recently unlocked my phone.my problem is can i update the software of the phone after unlocking or will there be any other problems?I will be very thankful if any one solve my problem.

Advertisement
  2. scorpion100

scorpion100 Well-Known Member

you unlocked the phone means you can use other sim cards for different networks on your phone other than originally locked to a certain network,so I dont understand why you wont be able to update your phone, they are not related.If am wrong people correct me please...

chaitanya61 likes this.
  3. frankbonatelli

frankbonatelli Well-Known Member

Yes to unlock your phone is what we call a SIM FREE phone so you are able to use the phone with any network. This will not effect your ability to update software installed to the phone or firmware.
    If you are meaning that you have rooted your phone you will also be able to update all installed software but if you try to do a firmware update via the usual channels, meaning Sony Ericson's PC companion, you will loose your root access.

chaitanya61 likes this.
  4. krishn

krishn New Member

Hi,

I also have xperia x10.

can u please tell me How to unlock that?

Thanks

5. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Hi

The only way to unlock the X10 is by paying for it, so you can either ring your carrier and get the code, which they will charge for, or try THESE who will also charge, but will be cheaper than your carrier.