• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upgrade to ICS via Kies?

I intend to buy a Note this week, and want to get it updated to ICS. I live in Turkey, but want to make sure I get the UK update, is this possible or am I going to get stuck updating to a Turkish version?

There is one thing you could do. ask the person selling it to look on the box before they send it to you.

Have them look at the language on the back of the GN box.

For example - my box is french - and I have the France GN.

If they can look at the box before they ship it - they can tell you if the box is in Turkish.

NOTE: Mine was imported from the UK. but is French. So make sure they check and they don't just a assume what version they have.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: ExpatinTR
Upvote 0
If it's Turkish will I have to wait for update releases for this region, or are there international updates? When updating OTA or via Kies, will the software recognise that I'm in Turkey?

The idea is for me to buy one here, then update it immediately with the latest ICS, but to not have to wait for a local language update.

Upvote 0
How it worked with ICS is - for example -

I am in Canada - with a Note from France.

The ICS update did not appear for me until it was 'sent out' to all the French Notes.

So.

The location you are sitting in does not matter.

It is all dependant on the country of origin for you Note.

It was all new to me - I was used to iPhones where when a new software update is released - every iPhone in the world gets it together.

Reactions: ExpatinTR
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones