• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrading from Optimus V - MicroSD Card sdext Partition

kckranz

Mar 7, 2012
Switching from the Optimus V over to the Evo V 4G and will be migrating my 32GB card over to the Evo. I do believe I created an ext partition on the sd card when I installed CM10 Jelly Bean on it as, from a forum tip, the new Android OSs can handle app movement automatically to / from the SD card (no need for Apps2SD) with said partition. What do I need to do with the partition on the SD card before I install in the Evo to ensure there won't be any problems? Can I simply delete it before installing and will the ICS on the Evo recreate it and use it?

Also, the Evo has 4GB onboard, right? Do I even need to be concerned with this setup?

I'm petty sure the built in memory is mostly used up by the phone. There is a little left foot your use, but nothing special. As mentioned by overbyter, you get 1.15 gigs depending on the ROM you choose.:D

I happen to have 748 mb left internally. In fact, I am going to move all my apps back to the phone as I am not hurting for space.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones