• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upload to YouTube fails to start

dzuckman

Jan 22, 2010
Anybody else getting this: Take a video on your phone, and then through either the 'social share' icon from the video, or directly from the YouTube app itself, try to upload the video to your YouTube account. After I hit the Upload button, the button's text changes to 'Starting...' but the video never is uploaded, nothing in the status bar, no error, no force-close, nada. Anybody having YouTube uploads work?

I did the same thing, but after awhile (a very long while) the video showed up in my YouTube account. No notifications or anything on the phone at all, but the network traffic was very active every time I looked at my phone. I had a 3 minutes video and I uploaded it via 3G. It was several hours later when I checked my account. Not sure exactly how long it took.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones