USB Connection Help

Last Updated:

1. deletion

deletion Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying to flash back to just 2.2. I want to do a nice clean install of Apex. Anyways I am having an incredible amount of trouble getting my computer to recognize my droid x in PC Mode with USB debugging enabled. I have the drivers installed but my computer still does not recognize it. I still get the yellow exclamation in the device manager window for M8100 or whatever the droid x device numer is. Any tips?

I have literally tried everything. I have drivers installed and RSD Lite will still not recognize my device.

Advertisement
  2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Make sure you have the 4.7.1 drivers. USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola, Inc. USA

Then go to Start... Programs... Motorola... Motorola Driver Installer and choose "clean and reinstall".

My experience is the 4.7.1 drivers are required for Froyo.

While you're at it, you've got a new icon in the tray (by the clock). Right-click on it and turn off the Verizon spam page so you don't get a web page opening up every time you plug in.

3. Justintoxicated

Justintoxicated Well-Known Member

I have this same problem. The 4.7.1 drivers linked are not working. I have no way to use RSD Lite. :( I'm on windows XP

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

if this RSDLite is the same as the last iteration, then try "charge only" mode. It is important that debugging be showing in your notification. When I had to flash back to 2.2 with the old RSDLite, I used charge only mode. Try it. Let me know. Good luck.

5. Justintoxicated

No Dice, USB Debugging shows in the notification, but RSD Lite does not show my phone

6. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Power off the device while still connected to the computer then hold the volume UP and DOWN buttons at the same time while powering up. This will manually put you in bootloader and recognized by RSD.

GMB

7. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

^^^^ hehe! yeah. What he said. Forgot to mention that part, or took for granted that you knew it. Ooops. :) Good luck!

8. Justintoxicated

Tried it , Still can't get this working, I get the bootloader, but RSD Lite still does not detect the phone. I think I'll just do it on another machine. XP is too difficult.

9. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Did you get this to work? It works every time on my Vista machine but I have never tried it on XP.

GMB