• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB Connections

mightydog

Jan 27, 2012
After much research as well as researching here and a final experiment, my USB connection was solved by.... not using the factory cable which appears to be only good for charging.

I just bought a ZTE Score and could not figure out why it wasn't connecting via USB. Borrowed a friends micro USB cable and it worked instantly.

Now I know. The factory cable isn't made to connect.

Go figure.:eek:

Now to get Muve working...

Reactions: EarlyMon
I should calify. The USB cable actually came with the aftermarket car charger sold by Cricket, but it turned out to be just a power cable.

I went ahead and bought a real USB-to-mini data cable at my local geek shop and it works like a champ.

As for Muve, it was a defective factory SD card. They replaced it and now it works perfect.

It seems there is a difference between the all black SD card that came in the box and the Blue label SD card with the blue one being the good one.

Upvote 0
I am also having trouble with mass storage mode on the Score.

sometimes works sometimes not for no apparent reason. when it fails it pops up an H drive with a little ICON with two people in it ???

but that "drive" in inaccessable (yes mass storage it turned on)

I have tried many different cables that work fine with other hardware ??? no idea whats up.

I just bought 3 of these buggers ($30 a pop at best buy) one will be a digital dash in the car the other 2 will be cheap timelapse camera's :)

any help would be creation appreciated.

power cycles no hoy different usb port no joy. it installs drivers etc.. but does NOT pop up the mass storage for the SD card.

huh interesting. I removed the SD card while usb connected then reinserted and now it displays properly and I can access it. VERY odd :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones