• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB storage damaged, no reason given

Put the card into the phone. Boot the phone into recovery. There should be a menu item there to format the card. Format it. It should work after that.

If not, contact SanDisk for a replacement. They're a very easy company to deal with. (They're the manufacturer - they make the chips inside the card - and they don't want their name on bad cards.)

Upvote 0
I recently puchased a Meenova MicroSD Card Reader and a 64 GB SanDisk card to go with it. I successfully transferred my music to it...but every time I try to mount the Meenova, my phone says, "USB storage damaged" and doesn't recognize it. Please help, I feel like I wasted over $50 trying to get some external storage on my phone.:(

They make a micro to standard USB adapter which would enable you to plug it into a computer. That would enable you to see if the card can be read/formatted in a PC and might be a good thing to have anyway for data transfer, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones