• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Use GMail as quick launch for email gesture?

dchicks

Nov 30, 2009
Hi,
I recently got my Galaxy Note II - enjoying learning all the cool S-Pen features. I have a question about the email quick command gesture, though. I hope someone can help.

When I use the quick command "@recipient", the device tries to send using the "Email" app. All of my email accounts are in GMail, however. Is there a way to make it use the GMail app so that it can find the recipients?

Thanks,
Dave

UPDATE:
I figured out how to add new quick commands, and I associated one with GMail. That does not work, either. After writing in the command and a recipient, I get a quick message that it is launching the GMail Composer, but then nothing happens. It seems the GMail app doesn't understand how to do this. Any thoughts?

I also figured out that in order to remove new quick commands that I create, I have to go to the S-Pen settings and clear the data from the whole Quick Commands area. There is no way to individually remove new quick commands. (A serious oversight for Android, if you asked me.)

Upvote 0
Hi,
I recently got my Galaxy Note II - enjoying learning all the cool S-Pen features. I have a question about the email quick command gesture, though. I hope someone can help.

When I use the quick command "@recipient", the device tries to send using the "Email" app. All of my email accounts are in GMail, however. Is there a way to make it use the GMail app so that it can find the recipients?

Thanks,
Dave

I have 3 email accounts (one of them being with gmail) in the Email app. If you select one of you gmail accounts from the 'Settings' menu of the Email app you can opt to make it the default account. When you then use the quick command "@recipient" it will open the Email app with your default gmail account.

It may not be quite what you wish to do but at least you'll be able to use the quick command.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones