Use of passive antenna booster on Desire

Last Updated:

1. SuperTom

SuperTom Member This Topic's Starter

My reception at work is terrible. My colleagues have full reception, and I dont have a signal at all:mad:. Seems to be an issue with some of the desire handsets. Have any of you tried any passive antenna boosters, like this one: HTC Desire Antenna Booster ? Or some bigger boosters that I can place on my desk.
    I love my phone, but it is essential that I can use it while im in the office.

Advertisement
  2. Lisbon67

Lisbon67 Member

Im the same as you mate. Are you with 02?

Would be interested to see if this booster works. Might give it a go as it's cheap enough anyway.

Would be worth checking to see if there any reviews of this booster to see if it works

3. xenole

xenole Well-Known Member

I found last night that if I hold my phone (T-Mobile) slightly under a metal table, I get a better signal.

4. lowtech

lowtech Well-Known Member

So you have to sit under there to use the phone? ;)

5. SuperTom

Im on a Norwegian net, Netcom.
    I'll guess I will give the small one a try. Can post my experiences here after som testing. If I dont throw my phone in the wall before I get the amp. :(

6. SuperTom

7. ulstersoldier

ulstersoldier Active Member

Hi guys i had one of these on my blackberry. I found them to be ok but I found that my signal became more steady not actually boosted ie i was always going from 1 bar to none but when i put this on i stayed at 1 bar. i do think its worth the money but the cheaper ones on ebay etc are the same as the dearer ones as i got a dearer one from amazon for my wifes phone and it was the exact same as the 99p one from ebay.
    hope this helps

8. Wicky

Wicky Member

Just bought an antenna booster from ebay hope this gives me the boost I need at work.

9. brad-short

brad-short Well-Known Member

Good luck with this, but i cannot see how this would work!

10. SuperTom

I made a somewhat weird observation. When turning the bluetooth radio on my signal went from crap to excellent. Where I previously had no bars I now have four bars. Even in the traintunnels I get a reception. Might VERY well just be a coincident, and I am not able to get back to the weak signal state again. I guess there might be some paracitics in connection with the bluetooth radio that f**ks up the signal. Does the rest of you have bluetooth disabled?

11. jackb45

jackb45 New Member

Im not sure if you have all tried this but it helped me with my signal switch phone to GSM only mode and reboot the phone greatly increased my reception.

12. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

These are an ebay con special. They have been kicking around for about 10 years and are useless.

13. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

+1, try gsm only, your bars show the signal level for the network you are connected to. Poor 3g, poor signal.

14. chris100575

chris100575 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I bought one years ago working on the principle that for a couple of quid it was worth a shot. It made no discernable difference to the reception on my Ericsson T28. (Said it was years ago!) Considering that it's just a sticker with some gold printing on, I wasn't entirely surprised.

15. dawson258

dawson258 Well-Known Member

how do i do this mate?