• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

User error or phone issue?

If addressed else where I apologize

I have a couple small issues I'm looking for help on.

First the clock app on my S3 and my wife's S3 have stopped working completely (her's stopped first about a week ago and I downloaded another alarm app). Anyone know what the cause for this could be I am non-rooted btw.

Next why do play lists clear themselves out randomly? I have them saved to the ext card. Should I save them some where else.

If occasionally have the phone change to some lame stock ringtone on it's own, yet my usual mp3 is still in the list it just shows as unknown ringtone in the sounds menu. Any ideas?

Last thing and this was happening consistently with my Droid-X. The GPS will not lock on 50-75% of the time and when it does it tends to lose GPS signal at random. I had a friend the vehicle with me with his HTC TBOLT (both VZW) and his worked fine. I contacted VZW and they had me uninstall maps, clear a few things and reinstall. Nothing changed. TIA on all fronts!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones