• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using Blackberry chargers with Backflip?

I'm buying a micro USB to mini USB adapter. I assume since it's using the USB standard (micro or mini, same USB standard for power?) it's safe to use my old Blackberry chargers, right? This will save me money and hassle by not having to replace all my Blackberry charges for car, etc with new chargers that have a micro USB plug instead of mini USB. Anyone see any issues?

Sometimes you will have issues if the charger does not supply enough power, but it shouldn't hurt the phone at all, just won't charge it. I did run into a very odd problem when I purchased an off brand charger that caused the screen to not respond correctly whenever it was plugged in, but it only happened while it was plugged in, and a different charger from the same manufacturer (different model, still micro usb) works flawlessly. So if you have them definitely give them a shot, but there is a chance that you might run into some hiccups and have to replace some of the chargers anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones