Using Flash to develop apps

Last Updated:

1. stanw

stanw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I want to use Flash CS5 to design some basic interactive files that I can later compile into apps for Android.

1. Will Flash do everything I need to compile these or is Air somehow still necessary to do this?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member

You do relize that only android 2.2 devices have the ability to use flash (Flash 10.1 beta), right? This greatly limits your potential market.
    At any rate, to answer your question, to my knowledge, Adobe air is not yet available for the android platform. Also, I am pretty sure that the only flash applications that android (or at least the android devices capable of running flash in the first place) are flash web applications (at this point in time anyways. That will likely change eventually).

stanw likes this.
  3. stanw

1.) Only 2.2 will support Flash? It will not available for download to older devices?

2.) My idea/understanding was that from Flash CS5 I could create some multimedia projects using motion graphics and Actionscript 3 and compile it at the end as an Android app. Is this not the way it works?

Thanks.

4. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member

1) Flash is only supported by devices running android 2.2

2) How do you plan to compile it as an android app?

stanw likes this.
  5. stanw

I was under the impression that in Flash CS5 (I do not yet have it) would compile it.

6. peterst6906

peterst6906 New Member

7. DefineSober

DefineSober New Member

Go to gotoAndLearn() - Free video tutorials from Lee Brimelow on Adobe Flash There are two video's on how to start developing in Flash CS5 for Android.

Although you will need 2.2 and higher of Android. But at this point most of the phones you will be targeting already come with 2.2 or will have it really soon so that shouldnt really be an issue.