• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Various Qs about the HTC Desire

napi

Lurker
Jun 18, 2010
Hello all,

I just got my new HTC Desire through a couple of days ago - so far, apart from it being unbelievably quiet, every thing is looking very nice.

Is taking me a while to work out some of the HTC applications (been reading through the pdf manual to find some information about them).

However, there's a few things I'm unsure about and was wondering if any one could help.

Footprints - this app is very cool - love the idea of it. But, where does it store the photos? I was expecting the photos to appear in the normal camera album and then footprints just adds a load of metadata to it. But, it seems to be only work that way if you take a photo then import it to footprints. Could any one clarify? (Would be nice if the footprint photos appeared in the gallery widgets / photo viewer apps etc).

People... oh my... I'm considering pushing the stock android Contacts app onto the phone. Again, I like what People is trying to do, but either it's limited, or I haven't worked it out yet!

1. Is there a way of automagically changing a contact account? i.e. if I have a gmail contact, can I change it to phone/sim? (More usefully, is there a way of saving a facebook contact locally?)

2. The 'all' tab in the people application doesn't appear to be working as stated in the manual - mine only phone/sim/gmail contacts - facebook contacts don't appear here. They are there under online dictionaries, but I expected them to appear in 'all' as well.

3. Quick way to favourite contact? Only stock android contacts, you just star them and they're favourited. In People, you have to edit contact, edit groups, then save - no quicker way? (I like the people widget showing favourites - very nice)

4. You can save a gmail or a phone contact to sim, but not vice versa?

5. All tab doesn't order contacts properly - am yet to work out what order they're in but adding a contact called Test appears at the bottom of the list?

6. Sync priority - what takes priority on syncing information? My sister is a gmail contact but she has her display name in all lower case - I changed it on my phone to capitalise first and last name but it doesn't stick. Can you override stuff like that in any way?

Think thats most of it for now - am going to import all my phone contacts from old phone into gmail and do the organising on there I think - bit quicker to move around / edit information etc. Then, force the sync and it should all work nicely.

That's every thing off the top of my head - few more little things but am working most of it out for myself as I use the phone more.

Any help any one can offer with any of this is greatly appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones