• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Aokp rom...please help me

DoctorEyeSight

Android Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday, I updated my phone to 4.0.4 radios and AOKP build 39 and lean kernel (latest version). I will re-install the ROM from build 39 to build 40 that came out just today. :)

So on "about phone" it says:

Android Version 4.0.4

Baseband Version: I515.10 V.FC04/ I515.FC05

Kernel Version: 3.033-leankernel-3.9.0-04690-g077b449 imoseyon@ubuntu))

Build Number: aokp_toro-userdebug 4.0.4 IMM761 eng.roman.20120614.190327 test-keys

Mod Version: aokp_toro_build-39

Did I do the installation correctly based off the information above?

Sorry, I don't know how to capture the image from phone and place onto here, maybe I can learn that one day :)

However, a few more tasks needs to be cleaned here:

(1) How can I get back my previous layout/pictures/files I had with 4.0.3 and my previous rom onto this new one without re-doing everything? (I did the nandroid backup and it's in clockworkmod recovery, under restore)

(2) I had aokp ROM before, and while my phone would boot up, like it would display the standard galaxy nexus ribbon colors. How come now I see a Pink UniCorn? Can I get it back to show the standard nexus ribbon colors and still have the same rom? Or is there no possible way to clear that?

(3) What is the code you press again to update radios for Verizon Wireless?

Thank you in advance.

based on that info it appears you installed the Rom successfully.

Your pictures stay on the Sd partition of your phone.

You can't restore a "layout" of a previous Rom over a new Rom.

I've not used AOKP but there maybe an option within the Rom settings to use the stock boot animation instead of the unicorn.

Sounds good. Sorry, but for the layout, I meant to ask how can I get at least the same applications I was using with my previous ROM onto the new ROM instead of downloading and starting all over from scratch the applications?

Upvote 0
to answer your first question, about still being on B40, that was actually a mistake by the devolopers, they forgot to change the Mod Version. they uploaded a newer version that displays the correct build, not mandatory to update, but if you wanted to, just dirty flash it.

Sounds good. Sorry, but for the layout, I meant to ask how can I get at least the same applications I was using with my previous ROM onto the new ROM instead of downloading and starting all over from scratch the applications?

and for this, i use Titanium Back up the free version. back up all your apps, then flash a new rom, quickly download Titanium Back up, boot that up and it will read your back ups. only drawback is that it makes you install them each manually.

for the boot animation, you can turn it off if you dont like it. and on some roms you can flash another boot animation, but that hasn't worked for me yet, at least on AOKP

Upvote 0
to answer your first question, about still being on B40, that was actually a mistake by the devolopers, they forgot to change the Mod Version. they uploaded a newer version that displays the correct build, not mandatory to update, but if you wanted to, just dirty flash it.

and for this, i use Titanium Back up the free version. back up all your apps, then flash a new rom, quickly download Titanium Back up, boot that up and it will read your back ups. only drawback is that it makes you install them each manually.

for the boot animation, you can turn it off if you dont like it. and on some roms you can flash another boot animation, but that hasn't worked for me yet, at least on AOKP

Hello,

I haven't uploaded AOKP Build 40 yet, if I download it right now, is it good to use now?

Are you saying that I have to manually re-download every single application manually if I upgrade to a new ROM? I wish there was a simple easy way of transferring the applications from my previous ROM.

Upvote 0
Get the Titanium Pro Version. You don't have to install each app at a time. You can do batch backups and batch restores. Before you flash you're ROM use TiBu to make a backup of your apps, Once you're on your new Rom download TiBu and the Pro key, Do a batch restore of all apps you want. You can restore all or uncheck the ones you don't want. It will also do app only, data only, or app+data restore.

Upvote 0
(2) I had aokp ROM before, and while my phone would boot up, like it would display the standard galaxy nexus ribbon colors. How come now I see a Pink UniCorn? Can I get it back to show the standard nexus ribbon colors and still have the same rom? Or is there no possible way to clear that?

(3) What is the code you press again to update radios for Verizon Wireless?

Thank you in advance.

(2) Thats the bootanimation that comes with the ROM- you can replace it, or find the stock one by searching for gnex bootani's on google and flash.

(3) Looks like your radios are current. If you're referring to the old *(whatever#) to update roaming etc, that is no longer used for 4g phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones