• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon: Can't Install new Update. My phone is rooted. HELP

I want to go back to non root. Can you please tell me exactly what I need to do?
When I search Odin in the play store, the first one says [root] Mobile ODIN Pro
Is that the one that I need to buy?
If so, can you tell me what I need to do after that? I am nervous doing something that Im not familiar with so i would like your help if youre willing to. This is beyond my knowledge.

Thank you for your reply.

Upvote 0
No, don't use mobile Odin- use the PC one. (it's free) Follow the instructions here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2483380
You want section 1. just make sure that you use the same stock OS version (for the retail vz note 3) that your phone is running now.
Also, make sure you back up everything you can and remove your sd card if you have one. Odin may wipe your memory, photos, videos, music etc.
What is your current version and build number?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
No I did not. Now I have and its working, i think. It says "Downloading..." Do not turn off target!!

its been this way for 4 minutes now, how do I know if there is progress being made? how long does this last?

Next is
  • Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
  • Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
  • Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
  • Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes
Im still waiting for blue sign in Odin. They mean a blue sign on the Odin opened in my windows right? Nothing is happening

After this, what does it mean by Add the firmware file to Ap/PDA? what firmware file and what is AP /PDA?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones