• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Contract Expired. What to wait for?

Gevis

Android Enthusiast
Dec 4, 2009
I didn't expect my contract to be up until December, but lo and behold it is. What should I wait for? I currently have a Fascinate, and to be honest, I'm perfectly happy with it.

I have a couple questions I guess.
1. Is Verizon gonna force you to pay for 4g to get the 4 g phone? (I'm guessing yes)
2. Which phone should I wait for? I was somewhat underwhelmed by HTCs showing this year, I really wanted to hear something about the HTC Merge.
3. Any idea when the new lines of phones are going to come out? I hadn't really kept up on stuff because I expected it to be longer until I could upgrade.

So any thoughts, and recommendations are completely welcome. I'm really not interested in the iPhone to be honest and I'm also not really interested in switching carriers.

Thanks guys!

I didn't expect my contract to be up until December, but lo and behold it is. What should I wait for? I currently have a Fascinate, and to be honest, I'm perfectly happy with it.

I have a couple questions I guess.
1. Is Verizon gonna force you to pay for 4g to get the 4 g phone? (I'm guessing yes)
2. Which phone should I wait for? I was somewhat underwhelmed by HTCs showing this year, I really wanted to hear something about the HTC Merge.
3. Any idea when the new lines of phones are going to come out? I hadn't really kept up on stuff because I expected it to be longer until I could upgrade.

So any thoughts, and recommendations are completely welcome. I'm really not interested in the iPhone to be honest and I'm also not really interested in switching carriers.

Thanks guys!

The Thunderbolt and Droid Bionic look really awesome. Depending on what you really want in a phone. Thunderbolt will be out on the 24th. It has enough power and memory, but the battery life is going to suck. Bionic won't be out for awhile, but is going to be a very powerful phone (not utilized yet, but at least it won't be out dated in a few months) and have great battery life. Both are Verizon.

What exactly are you looking for in a phone?

Upvote 0
Well I'm personally dropping Verizon like a bad habit but if you're not interested in switching I would say don't get too caught up in waiting. If you keep waiting for the awesome phone coming out next month you'll NEVER be able to upgrade. :D

Of course, with the dawn of LTE on Verizon it might not hurt to give it a month to pick one of those devices. I would say the Thunderbolt is your best option for this quarter (Little birdies are saying it's going to be out Feb 24th).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones