• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] CWM Touch and stuck at Google Img at Boot sometimes (PLEASE HELP!)

jrock204657

Nov 29, 2010
So I've been having problems for a while now and don't know what the problem is. I'm rooted running CNA (newest release) and it's done it with other roms as well..but anyways I will just simply turn my phone off and on just to reboot and I'd say about every 1 out of 6 times it gets stuck at the Google logo. So I pull battery and try to reboot and same thing. I then try to restore a nandroid that I had made (which I have plenty) and I always get an error saying there was an error restoring data. So I can't restore a backup so I end up just wiping and flashing the same rom and it takes forever to boot up but it finally does...I have no idea what the hell the problem is if anyone can help me it would be MUCH APPRECIATED!

Also, I just recently swapped out my old GNexus for a brand new one about a month ago so this ones pretty "fresh".

Thanks in advance,

Justin

Forgot to put this in the OP...when I wipe and reboot (which works) I always have all my data and everything there as if I just did a restore. To my understanding, when you wipe data/cache/dalvik and install a new rom and gapps it should be bare and make me start from scratch... ie. sign into Google and all that jazz..

Just an FYI if it helps.. Thanks again

Upvote 0
+1 to the above comments. You need to "wipe data (factory reset)" in clockwork. If you are already doing that and are still having this problem, then we need to talk about which version of cwr you're using. There were a few versions awhile back that had issues similar to what you're describing.

I never really like that wording, It makes it sound like it is going to wipe the SD partition (which it doesn't)

Upvote 0
Yeah I think that's the newest. Boot into clockwork and check mounts & storage. Cache should be mounted so it'll give you the option to unmount. Data should not be mounted so it should give you the option to mount. I'm wondering if data is behaving properly. I believe you may be having an issue with the mounting/unmounting of data and it's not getting wiped as designed. That's about the only explanation for having all your stuff still there the moment you reboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones