• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon Galaxy Nexus 4.2.2 Volume Issue

droidfan47

Dec 29, 2010
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but ever since my Verizon Galaxy Nexus has updated to 4.2.2 I've been having an issue with my volume controls while I'm in an app or game. Basically if I have the volume shut down, lowered, or muted, it will randomly come back on in the middle of a game - or if it's lower, it'll significantly raise on its own.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Also, I just noticed in general that ever since I got 4.2.2 some of my games are experiencing heavy lag. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to potentially fix that as well?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

1. Have you re-booted since the update? try that.
2. I noticed that right after the update I was seeing a lot of lag and my processor was running at 90%+ even if I was doing nothing. I checked "running apps" and found Google+ kept constantly appearing and disappearing every few seconds.....despite me never opening it and having sync and instant upload turned off. I force stopped it, uninstalled the latest update, and disabled the app. That seemed to solve my problem.

Upvote 0
1. Have you re-booted since the update? try that.
2. I noticed that right after the update I was seeing a lot of lag and my processor was running at 90%+ even if I was doing nothing. I checked "running apps" and found Google+ kept constantly appearing and disappearing every few seconds.....despite me never opening it and having sync and instant upload turned off. I force stopped it, uninstalled the latest update, and disabled the app. That seemed to solve my problem.

I have same problem. Tried getting rid of Amazon Appstore..... No luck. Disabled Google+...... No help. Tried a factory reset...... It won't factory reset.

Hope the replacement phone works.

Upvote 0
Just bumping this thread and a quick update. The other day I was listening to music at max volume and suddenly the volume lowered to the middle point on the volume bar.

It appears that whether I have the volume muted or raised, it will default back to the middle position. This originally happened only once a day, now it's happening every few minutes.

Does anyone know why this could be happening, or offer any potential troubleshooting solutions?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
I have observed a similar issue when listening to music.

When a notification arrives while playing music my phone lowers the music volume momentarily to play the notification sound (sometimes it doesn't play the sound, but still lowers the volume). But after the notification is done it doesn't always bring the volume back up to the previous level and it stays in that low volume.

It doesn't happen a lot and rather randomly, not sure what causes this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones