• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Loki for MK2

maplewood

Jul 26, 2010
Does the Loki exploit work on the i545/mk2.

When I try to move the loki files into the \data directory I get various error codes. Using My Phone Explorer on a PC the error read OBEX Errorode: D0 - Internal Server Error. Astro on the phone just says "Error Can't Move File).

Is it the file(s) I'm trying to move or it is something about Loki / Mk2 -- or something else?

If I can get these file where they evidently need to go I'd like to get CM or whatever working so as to flash something other than Verizon Stock. (Hyperdrive via Safestrap just soft bricked me -- twice. So I'm looking for Plan B.)

Does the Loki exploit work on the i545/mk2.

When I try to move the loki files into the \data directory I get various error codes. Using My Phone Explorer on a PC the error read OBEX Errorode: D0 - Internal Server Error. Astro on the phone just says "Error Can't Move File).

Is it the file(s) I'm trying to move or it is something about Loki / Mk2 -- or something else?

If I can get these file where they evidently need to go I'd like to get CM or whatever working so as to flash something other than Verizon Stock. (Hyperdrive via Safestrap just soft bricked me -- twice. So I'm looking for Plan B.)

No. But I think you can root and use safestrap. Search in your device thread over on xda forums.
No plan B. You will need to learn to root and use safestrap correctly.

Upvote 0
Safestrap has been most frustrating. I've tried both Hyperdrive and Gummy. Each time following the instructions to the letter. Using both MJ7 and MK2 builds (flashing the appropriate build specific modules of course).

All looks good and then the rom itself never successfully boots.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones