• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] MJ7: News on unlocking bootloader?

maplewood

Jul 26, 2010
Has anyone found a way to unlock the bootloader on i545/MJ7?

As I read about CM11 etc. for the i545 most of the posts indicate that you need a real recovery. Do I understand correctly that those of us on the MJ7 are just gonna have to wait for Santa to pull a rabbit out of his sleigh?

Is it correct that without a means of rom backup and an unlocked bootloader flashing roms is just asking for trouble? (Unbricking is exciting the first few times but it gets old pretty quick).

Has anyone found a way to unlock the bootloader on i545/MJ7?

As I read about CM11 etc. for the i545 most of the posts indicate that you need a real recovery. Do I understand correctly that those of us on the MJ7 are just gonna have to wait for Santa to pull a rabbit out of his sleigh?

Is it correct that without a means of rom backup and an unlocked bootloader flashing roms is just asking for trouble? (Unbricking is exciting the first few times but it gets old pretty quick).

I'm not even an S4 user yet (will be very shortly) but I can tell you that not having a true flashed recovery doesn't necessarily mean ixnay on the roms. My LG Motion 4G had plenty of roms and kernels and everything else flashed to it with a locked bootloader thanks to the Loki kernel patch and a 2nd-init recovery. Hang in there, this phone is plenty popular enough for someone to figure it out, especially if my $150 metro subsidized phone was figured out ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones