• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Nexus

CyHawk

May 28, 2010
Iowa
I recently got the Samsung S3 to keep my unlimited data. I wanted the Nexus but went with the S3 because I heard about the bad reception reviews of the Nexus. Has this been resolved? I have been thinking about exchanging my S3 for the Nexus. Anyone have both phones? Could I please get a good comparison? I do not mind touch-wiz but I like the idea of vanilla android. I had an Incredible that was rooted running CM7.
Thanks!

I recently got the Samsung S3 to keep my unlimited data. I wanted the Nexus but went with the S3 because I heard about the bad reception reviews of the Nexus. Has this been resolved? I have been thinking about exchanging my S3 for the Nexus. Anyone have both phones? Could I please get a good comparison? I do not mind touch-wiz but I like the idea of vanilla android. I had an Incredible that was rooted running CM7.
Thanks!

Although I find the reception on the Nexus acceptable (not good). Those who have had issues still have them (from what I've heard).

Basically, I think the Nexus's reception is what it is at this point. As far as whether the S3 is better or not, I can't answer.

Upvote 0
I recently had posted that neither my wife's Razr or my Gnex could hold on to a 4g signal in our house...well I guess they were just testing at that time. As of last night and all day today I have had 4g signal in my house. I was comparing dbm signal levels last night and they were basically identical. I was really concerned that she would have signal in the house and maybe I wouldn't...not the case.
However I had noticed a Coworkers Razr at work and he had a 4g signal and I didn't...so maybe in more extreme cases the Razr maybe a little better but I'm kinda getting over the whole signal issue. Now I'm on the edge of hitting the buttons on Wugs Root method...drivers and all installed ready to root. Don't know if I want to get into the addictive state I was in with my OG Droid or not?

Upvote 0
How does the screen compare? I looked at the Nexus at the local VZW store and it didn't look as crisp as the S3. Of course it was a store phone, it looked like that particular phone had some screen issues.
I feel uneasy with the S3 right now. I have the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and I feel burned by Samsung for their lack of support and glacier like software updates. However, the S3 is fast! I have not had one force close in the week that I have been using it.
What’s the news on the next version of the Nexus? Will Google even sell a Verizon version?
Thanks!

Upvote 0
How does the screen compare? I looked at the Nexus at the local VZW store and it didn't look as crisp as the S3. Of course it was a store phone, it looked like that particular phone had some screen issues.
I feel uneasy with the S3 right now. I have the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and I feel burned by Samsung for their lack of support and glacier like software updates. However, the S3 is fast! I have not had one force close in the week that I have been using it.
What

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones