• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Pixel 6 Pro update late again!

markdoc

Android Expert
Jun 28, 2011
Suburb of New York City, NY, USA
For the third straight month, Verizon is late with the monthly update. Google released the update on May 1 for the covered Pixel line. It is still unavailable as an OTA update. What is also very strange is the Verizon update list for the Pixel 6 Pro. You can see it here:
It lists the March update as #18, then skips the April update completely & finally list the May update as #19. :unsure:

Reactions: AugieTN
It doesn't show up if you check for system updates in settings? What's up with that phone and Verizon? Odd.
For some unknown reason that Verizon doesn't state, they put out the updates for the other Pixel phones. However, they hold back the update for the Pixel 6. Before March, they were on time. Starting in April, it became a joke, but I'm not laughing.

Upvote 0
My buddy who has a Verizon Pixel 6 hasn't received his April update.

I remember reading that Verizon laid off some people recently, make that's the hangup. Longer to approve an update.

https://www.fiercetelecom.com/telecom/verizon-lays-small-number-workers-cost-cutting-program-begins
That's possible, but you would think they would delay older phones and keep the newer phones up to date. Your buddy should call support if he hasn't received April's update yet. Everyone should have April. It's the May update that's the current issue.

Upvote 0
Yeah I haven't received the May update either. Just received the April update right after most phones were getting May's. Verizon comments with the same BS, that they release it as soon as Google makes it available, which is rubbish. I've never had more problems with a phone in my life & these late updates just exacerbate the issue.

Upvote 0
Yeah I haven't received the May update either. Just received the April update right after most phones were getting May's. Verizon comments with the same BS, that they release it as soon as Google makes it available, which is rubbish. I've never had more problems with a phone in my life & these late updates just exacerbate the issue.
I texted two Verizon support people and both of them tried to give me a snow job. They both said that Verizon didn't release the updates, it was Google. When I told the first one he was wrong, that Google released the updates to Verizon and Verizon sends them to their phones, he said to talk to Google. So I Google it and send him the Google answer. The first guy acknowledged that I was right. The second guy wouldn't listen at all. It's amazing that their tech support is so uninformed.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones