• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon swapping my two month old Eris for the Incredible

downey1071

May 19, 2010
I have had a few problems with my Eris since day one and have called Verizon to complain and so they have a record of it. Well after getting a few refurbs and all of them having problems they agreed to let me get the Incredible. Since I got the Eris on the buy one get one promo, I am having to pay $199 to get it, but I am still happy with the deal. Just so you know if you are going to try this, it may have helped since I pay $300 a month for my service with them.

I have had a few problems with my Eris since day one and have called Verizon to complain and so they have a record of it. Well after getting a few refurbs and all of them having problems they agreed to let me get the Incredible. Since I got the Eris on the buy one get one promo, I am having to pay $199 to get it, but I am still happy with the deal. Just so you know if you are going to try this, it may have helped since I pay $300 a month for my service with them.

I had a similar experience with Palm phones with verizon. I had a weird bug on all 4 of my Pixi's that when someone would call me, I can hear them talking through the speaker of the phone before I even attempted to answer the call. It was a pain in the ass having fed ex come to my house every other day for a week, but in the end I was able to get my phone replaced.

I didn't have to pay though.

Upvote 0
Called Verizon back and told them to just send me a brand new eris and refund my money on the Incredible and they said no problem. I really like the Eris I just got a bad one I think cause my wife got her Eris at the same time I did and had never had any trouble at all with hers. The Incredible is nice but I just did not think it was going to be worth paying the $200 to get it and a lot of people are complaining about the short battery life it has. I know some will think I an crazy for not getting the Incredible while I had the chance but thats just life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones