Verizon swapping my two month old Eris for the IncredibleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. downey1071

downey1071 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have had a few problems with my Eris since day one and have called Verizon to complain and so they have a record of it. Well after getting a few refurbs and all of them having problems they agreed to let me get the Incredible. Since I got the Eris on the buy one get one promo, I am having to pay $199 to get it, but I am still happy with the deal. Just so you know if you are going to try this, it may have helped since I pay $300 a month for my service with them.

Advertisement
  2. tonyb81

tonyb81 Well-Known Member

I had a similar experience with Palm phones with verizon. I had a weird bug on all 4 of my Pixi's that when someone would call me, I can hear them talking through the speaker of the phone before I even attempted to answer the call. It was a pain in the ass having fed ex come to my house every other day for a week, but in the end I was able to get my phone replaced.

I didn't have to pay though.

3. downey1071

downey1071 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Called Verizon back and told them to just send me a brand new eris and refund my money on the Incredible and they said no problem. I really like the Eris I just got a bad one I think cause my wife got her Eris at the same time I did and had never had any trouble at all with hers. The Incredible is nice but I just did not think it was going to be worth paying the $200 to get it and a lot of people are complaining about the short battery life it has. I know some will think I an crazy for not getting the Incredible while I had the chance but thats just life.

4. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member

Just root that bitch when you get it! Incredible will still be faster with a better camera, flash, and amoled screen, but over clocking allows for most of the lag to be gone, and the customization with root is amazing.

5. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

Goodnight, how are you paying over $300 a month?

6. VonKannick

VonKannick Well-Known Member

It's easy. 2100 shared minutes, 4 $30 data plans, 1 roadside assistance and 1 out of country calling plan racks up a bit over $300 every month. And I'm guessing that is sort of average these days.

7. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

wow, that is crazy, i thought i was paying a ton with my $150 a month bill.

8. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

I hope not...

9. Shachren

Shachren Well-Known Member

Mr Eris died today. Verizon allowed me to replace it by getting a Moto Droid for $300.