• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] VERIZON Note 3 rooted! Knox 0x0!

I would MUCH prefer a 4.4 ROM over the 4.4 OTA. No bloatware and all the extra options. No doubt that we'll be rolling in 4.4 ROMs in short order :)

I also figured out the answer to my own question in another post: "What happens if my phone gets the 4.4 OTA in Stock Slot while I'm on the Slot 1 ROM? Will it break root and destroy all my work?"

The answer is NO. The OS in the Stock Slot is essentially inactive... it can't accept an OTA any more than a phone that's turned off can. So let the OTAs come & go... I'm blissfully ROMmed and rocking this thing like never before!

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
I got my Note 3a couple weeks ago and I absolutely love it. It's my fourth smartphone and I've rooted every other one, but for some reason I'm hesitant to root this one. It works great and there aren't any features in particular that root could give me that are missing from the current setup... except being able to uninstall bloatware, and this thing is loaded with it. I think I might hold off on the root for now, it was SOOO expensive and I love it. I'm just not ready to risk it yet.

Upvote 0
Hi Turk and welcome to Android Forums!

Well, the clock is ticking. When Android 4.4 comes out, it will likely close the few root exploits we have... making life more and more difficult for us modders. So if you're going to root, do it soon.

But rather than just rooting and trying to freeze bloatware, why not ROM the phone with a stock ROM that has all the goodies of the Note 3 and none of the bloat to begin with?

I'm on Hyperdrive RLS3 and it is flat-out rocking!

I have just put together a little Guide to walk you through the process. It's a work in constant progress but functional as-is:

The Chief's Quick Guide to Rooting and ROMming the Verizon Galaxy Note 3

Have a look and if you still feel uneasy about it, we're here in the All Things Root section to help you.

It's great to have you here :)

Reactions: Turk 529
Upvote 0
I got my Note 3a couple weeks ago and I absolutely love it. It's my fourth smartphone and I've rooted every other one, but for some reason I'm hesitant to root this one. It works great and there aren't any features in particular that root could give me that are missing from the current setup... except being able to uninstall bloatware, and this thing is loaded with it. I think I might hold off on the root for now, it was SOOO expensive and I love it. I'm just not ready to risk it yet.

Welcome Turk.
Chiefs guide is excellent, has a lot of the rooting info available. In the meantime, Samsung built in a way to remove some of the bloatware by stopping some apps on the note 3. Check your Settings and Application Manager for some that you can remove.
Welcome to AF and enjoy your phone. I love mine!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones