• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon VVM problems

tjreishus

Android Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2009
lately I have been getting my voicemail notifications a day later. Can't figure out why. I also have a serious problem hearing the voicemail from VVM. The volume is extremely low so I have to press my ear against the phone really hard. My prox sensor doesn't work with VVM so when I press against the phone, my face ends up hitting the pause key or speaker. Makes VVM very difficult to use.

lately I have been getting my voicemail notifications a day later. Can't figure out why. I also have a serious problem hearing the voicemail from VVM. The volume is extremely low so I have to press my ear against the phone really hard. My prox sensor doesn't work with VVM so when I press against the phone, my face ends up hitting the pause key or speaker. Makes VVM very difficult to use.

Like everyone is going to recommend... Stop paying Verizon for Voicemail and get in line for Google Voice. Many of us could supply you with a invite if it's still in beta. ;)

Upvote 0
I'll give a try if it saves me 3 bucks a month and does the same thing. I have read about google voice but I only have 1 phone number. Wouldn't I have to give everyone a new number to call? When someone leaves me a message how does it appear as a message on my phone? Better than Verizon's VVM? I have a business with my phone number printed in many places so changing my number isn't really an option.

Upvote 0
Here's a thread for GV invite requests. I think Google's support forums also have threads dedicated to invite requests (that are probably filled a lot faster)...or I think at this point you can buy an invite from eBay for about $2.

Just remember that while you just want the visual voicemail, which you can do without getting a Google Voice phone #, you'll regret it later if you don't register a new one. Nothing's forcing you to use it now, but it offers so much more that you might want later.

Upvote 0
I'll give a try if it saves me 3 bucks a month and does the same thing. I have read about google voice but I only have 1 phone number. Wouldn't I have to give everyone a new number to call? When someone leaves me a message how does it appear as a message on my phone? Better than Verizon's VVM? I have a business with my phone number printed in many places so changing my number isn't really an option.

Once signed up for Google Voice, you can change for your current phone number to go to Google Voicemail rather than the Verizon Wireless voicemail. It's as easy as calling a number and activating it.

Once you have done that, you can set up personal voicemail greetings. Since you say you use it for business as well, you can have one professional greeting and another for family and friends. If you want it to ring another number before going to voicemail this can be setup. The options are limitless.

The only downside is the application isn't push, meaning it has to manually refresh to see if there are any voicemails. I'm not sure how VVM is. This is only a minor concern considering you can have Google Voice send you a transcribed email or SMS so you don't even have to 'listen' to your voicemail. Granted, the transcribe may not be perfect, you can typically get the jest of what the phone call was about. If not, it's as easy as dialing your Google Voicemail. You can even set up so '1' dials the correct voicemail box.

Hope that helped.

EDIT: Looks like I took to long typing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones