• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help VERY basic question (idle mode)

rawfa

Sep 12, 2010
Hi,

This is an extremely basic question...so basic that I cannot find the answer on the galayx s manual or on google. How to I turn the Samsung Vibrant to idle mode/screen and how do I turn it off?

The reason I ask is because (as most people) I'm having trouble connecting my Vibrant to Kies.
Here is how I've tried so far:
- USB debugging on + usb samsung kies
- USB debugging on + usb music player
- USB debugging on + usb mass storage
- USB debugging off + usb samsung kies
- USB debugging off + usb music player
- USB debugging off + usb mass storage (reconect device in samsung kies mode. Current connection not supported by Kies)

I've tried starting Kies and then plugging in the usb and I've tried plugging in the usb and then starting kies.

It just says "connecting to device" and it stays like this forever. I went to tools and installed the drivers via Kies just to be sure.

cheers

Rafa

hi guys

when i plug my phone into by USB, i get a message on my samsung galaxy s that says PC connection available only in idle mode, please close applications and try again.

No apps are open, and i am on the idle screen. Even when i kill all with ATK i still get this message.

Advice please?

EDIT: oh right... i have to have my home app set to TW3.0. SAMSUNG FAIL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones