• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Very good article on Android's future

Android is a mess. Different os levels on different hardware devices and too many people in the wsy of the user actually getting os upgrades. By the time my carrer allows me to get 2.1 andrpid will have been out with the next version. Google needs to get all the way in this or get out. Their grand experiment will hurt the cnsumers and early adopters if not . The carriers will be in a pkace they never reall6wanted to be, software developers for all the vatious handsets with all the variou hatdwareand trying to keep up with updates. How long beore they tire of this? Android with all the pirential but no direction. Shame but it seems only geeks will end up with android. The general public only wants to chage wallpapers, have decent apps that are easy to acquire, easily transfer ringtobes and media, surf , text make calls.
T&e average user does not want to or appreciate the sublties of hacking or tweaking the programs or os. It still ticks me off to have to wait for htc and my carier t devide to ket me upgrade. Whats up with that? Google support is non exista
nt.

Upvote 0
well i don't agree with everything, apple as a brand is well establish and have one phone to deal with.android is just getting started and look at the growth its made without any real advertisement except for the motorola droid so i feel people out there are catching on.

Upvote 0
Some of the article is well written, some of it is very ill informed or just plain pulled from thin air.

From what I've learned of the android over the last few weeks, there are dozens of great features that you don't know unless you really dig, which is sad because they're great.

The biggest problem I see with android at the moment is the versions, as stated earlier. Person A sees a nexus one somewhere and is impressed by it, told it uses the Android OS and thinks all Android phones will be the same. Sadly when phone with 1.5 or 1.6 can't compete those people will be dissatisfied.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones