1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Vibrant Car MountAccessories

Last Updated:

1. benjiv

benjiv New Member

Does anyone know any good universal or vibrant specific car mounts? Now that Google maps has a 3d driving map when not navigating, I would love to have that up all the time when driving, and balancing my current android on my Prius pull our drawer thing just sucks.

Advertisement
  2. Puraw Wave

Puraw Wave Well-Known Member

3. adamcooks

adamcooks Member

I use the universal one from radio shack. clips on my vent. works great
  4. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

5. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

Hey I've been lookin for that. The whole site says out of stock because they just posted all of these items like a week or two ago. I'm sure they will announce when these accessories will be available. Oh and did anyone notice the microusb to hdmi cable? hehe take that Evo!
  6. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

7. aci78

aci78 Well-Known Member

Just like someone else suggested, I picked up a universal mount with both suction cup for windshield and the clip for the vent, for $20. Works great, and my reception now that I have a clear shot at the sky is much, much better. More consistant, too. Signal bar doesn't jump around like it did when I had it just laying on my passenger seat. Well worth the $20.
  8. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

Did you get the Arkon one I posted or another one?
  9. 96redformula

96redformula Member

10. heybk

heybk Well-Known Member

I bought the Arkon SM412 after seeing Doyer's post about it. I wasn't really interested in the vent mount simply because I don't want my vents to be blocked.
    The friction dashboard works well but not superb on at least my dashboard, maybe because it's not completely flat, so there's less contact area, I'm confident it would hold if i installed the hook however.
    The way the grip holds the phone is pretty good, leaves space so you can reach the lock and volume controls and it holds solid. Overall I'm satisfied with it :D.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RiseUp, WisLonghair and llblwskydrgn like this.
  11. llblwskydrgn

llblwskydrgn Well-Known Member

Great pics! Thanks, after looking at them and reading your thoughts on the Arkon, I definitely feel more comfortable with purchasing that item.
    The phone is an expensive piece of gadgetry and I didn't want to take any risks. =)
  12. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

heybk, nice pics, looks good! :)
  13. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the photos and review heybk... Very nice.
  14. llblwskydrgn

llblwskydrgn Well-Known Member

I think the Arkon is the best deal when bought from amazon because you can get it with different mounting options. I'm hoping to order all my accessories soon, it's gonna be a giant amazon order! =)
  15. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

16. m4r10

m4r10 Well-Known Member

Dang! this one would be pretty sweet but I just don't trust it if it's not from the US or at least Canada. Who knows how much shipping will be from Honk Kong too.
  17. vuvision

vuvision Well-Known Member

Shipping is free. Seller has over a thousand feedbacks with 98% positive rating. You'll be fine, I have ordered many items from HK, China & Korea vendors with no problem. Just pay attention to the seller's rating.
  18. m4r10

m4r10 Well-Known Member

free shipping? werd!:D
    duh! it says it right on the picture.
  19. vuvision

lol ... yeah there's no such thing as free is there? Seller often mark up the price to include shipping, then post shipping as free to make you feel better about your purchase. ;-)

Besides, if the seller turns out to be a dubious one, you can always get your $ back with paypal.
  20. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Well i have bought a handful of things from China and Hong Kong and if you can explain to me how they mark up the price on an item i bought for $1.99 with free shipping then im all ears. I am currently waiting to recieve my spare battery i bought for the Vibrant that cost me $3.27 w/ free shipping.
  21. vuvision

The car mount item is almost $13, so I can see some room for margin there. But $1.99 w/ free ship is slim picking.
  22. m4r10

m4r10 Well-Known Member

yea. I don't know how they make money off of some of these things. That's why I get suspicious some times.
  23. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

when gps works, I will deffinately buy one of these