• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Vibrant Car Mount

benjiv

Lurker
Jul 21, 2010
Does anyone know any good universal or vibrant specific car mounts? Now that Google maps has a 3d driving map when not navigating, I would love to have that up all the time when driving, and balancing my current android on my Prius pull our drawer thing just sucks.

Arkon makes a car mount that's compatible with the Vibrant"

Mega Grip Mount for superphones

nw4HT.jpg

YouTube - Dashboard Mount for Samsung Galaxy S, Apple iPhone 4, Motorola Droid X | Arkon SM412

I personally like the vent mount, but the bundle in the youtube video is cool because you get 2 options. These are a more versatile, cheaper alternative to the official dock or some custom mounts, especially if you already have a car charger and use a case on your phone.

Upvote 0
This is the only one I know of: Car Kits - Cell Phones | SAMSUNG

Looks like it's out of stock though. :\

Hey I've been lookin for that. The whole site says out of stock because they just posted all of these items like a week or two ago. I'm sure they will announce when these accessories will be available. Oh and did anyone notice the microusb to hdmi cable? hehe take that Evo!

Upvote 0
Just like someone else suggested, I picked up a universal mount with both suction cup for windshield and the clip for the vent, for $20. Works great, and my reception now that I have a clear shot at the sky is much, much better. More consistant, too. Signal bar doesn't jump around like it did when I had it just laying on my passenger seat. Well worth the $20.

Upvote 0
Just like someone else suggested, I picked up a universal mount with both suction cup for windshield and the clip for the vent, for $20. Works great, and my reception now that I have a clear shot at the sky is much, much better. More consistant, too. Signal bar doesn't jump around like it did when I had it just laying on my passenger seat. Well worth the $20.
Did you get the Arkon one I posted or another one?

Upvote 0
I bought the Arkon SM412 after seeing Doyer's post about it. I wasn't really interested in the vent mount simply because I don't want my vents to be blocked.
The friction dashboard works well but not superb on at least my dashboard, maybe because it's not completely flat, so there's less contact area, I'm confident it would hold if i installed the hook however.
The way the grip holds the phone is pretty good, leaves space so you can reach the lock and volume controls and it holds solid. Overall I'm satisfied with it :D.
52bzvc.jpg

nwd5l0.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Dang! this one would be pretty sweet but I just don't trust it if it's not from the US or at least Canada. Who knows how much shipping will be from Honk Kong too.

Upvote 0
Dang! this one would be pretty sweet but I just don't trust it if it's not from the US or at least Canada. Who knows how much shipping will be from Honk Kong too.
Shipping is free. Seller has over a thousand feedbacks with 98% positive rating. You'll be fine, I have ordered many items from HK, China & Korea vendors with no problem. Just pay attention to the seller's rating.

Upvote 0
lol ... yeah there's no such thing as free is there? Seller often mark up the price to include shipping, then post shipping as free to make you feel better about your purchase. ;-)

Besides, if the seller turns out to be a dubious one, you can always get your $ back with paypal.

Well i have bought a handful of things from China and Hong Kong and if you can explain to me how they mark up the price on an item i bought for $1.99 with free shipping then im all ears. I am currently waiting to recieve my spare battery i bought for the Vibrant that cost me $3.27 w/ free shipping.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones